BWL Cable Glands
Brass, Stainless Steel, Steel, Copper, Aluminium, Electroless Nickel Plated Brass
Application of BWL Cable Glands
- Indoor cable glands for use with all types of Single Wire Armour cables providing mechanical cable retention and electrical continuity via armour wire termination.
- For use with all Steel Wire Armoured PVC and LSF Cables.
- Providing greater protection to the armour wires from damage and impact.
- Recommended for use in indoor, liquid and dust free environments.
- Particularly suited to medium voltage and high voltage systems where a high level of protection against short circuit earth fault current is required.
- It provides good conduction towards heat and electricity.
- It is used with shroud for additional ingress protection.
- Used in waterworks, shipbuilding industry, power industry etc.
Benefits of BWL Cable Glands
- Longer body protects armour wires from impact.
- Available with robust and heavy design.
- Three-Part design also prevents twisting of the armour wires during installation.
- Provide minimal ingress protection against dust and liquid.
- These Cable glands are weatherproof glands and used in corrosive conditions.
- Increased mechanical strength.
- Available with external earth connection.
- Permanently crimped and low impedance earth termination.
- Designed and Tested to BS 6121:2005 standards.
- Applicable to the Cast Integral Earth Lug features.
- Applied for preventing rotation of the wire on tightening.