Semi Tubular Rivets
Material: Brass, Stainless Steel, Steel, Copper, Aluminium
- Preferred rivet style for joints where movement is required (pivot points), because the rivet material only swells at the tail.
- Common applications for tubular rivets include light fixtures, HVAC ducts, electronics, ladders, and brakes, among many others.
- Can be used to fasten similar or different materials of multiple work-pieces.
- Also known as a hollow rivet, has shank hole-depth equal to or greater than 112% of the shank diameter.
- High Speed Assembly.
- Permanent fastener with high joint strength.
- Provide ease of joint inspection.
- Common rivet head styles are oval, truss, button, flat and countersunk.
- Rivet plating and coating options are selected by end user dependent on the application.
- Available with a shallow hole at the tip, opposite the head.
- This hole causes the tubular portion of the rivet (around the hole) to roll outward when force is applied.
- This reduces the amount of force needed for installation.