Self-Tapping Brass Inserts
- Brass, Stainless Steel, Steel, Aluminium
- Ideal for automated production.
- Installs easily into thermoset or thermoplastic materials.
- Internally and Externally Threaded metal bushing which are installed in plastics, soft metals and wood to provide stronger threads than the base plastic or metal can offer.
- Ideal in electronic and electrical work where contamination can cause serious problems.
- Self-Tapping and Self-Locking.
- Provide stronger, more durable permanent threads in soft metals and plastics.
- Offer strong resistance to rotation and pull-out.
- Lead on both ends simplifies installation.
- Provides an increased bearing surface.
- Large diameter head prevents jack out in applications where elongated slots or larger than standard clearance holes are necessary in the mating component.
- Specified in applications where increased resistance to rotation is required.
- Slots provide rapid cutting action.
- Flanged configuration provides larger bearing surface.
- During the installation process the cutting action of self-tapping inserts results in slight outward stress.
- It has a larger bearing surface that is required in high torque applications.
- Provides an excellent conductive surface for electrical contacts, ring connectors or eyelets.