Helical Knurled Brass Inserts
- Brass, Stainless Steel, Steel, Copper
- Used in engine cylinder head repair after unintentional over-torqueing or cross-threading of spark plugs strips the thread of the socket.
- The straight radial piece is the driver tang which is used as a key to grip with pliers for driving the coil into place and is discarded after installation.
- Designed for cold press installation into hard & filled thermoplastic & thermoset plastic materials.
- Suitable for glass filled or thermoset materials.
- Suitable for insertion in all types of plastics and can be used with hot plastic molding and cold plastic molding.
- Best suitable for electrical molded box applications.
- Provide a convenient means of repairing stripped-out threads and are also used to provide stronger threads in soft materials such as aluminium, zinc die castings, wood, magnesium etc.
- Reduced installation force over conventional press-fit thread inserts.
- Pilots provide a means of alignment with the receiving hole.
- Double ended version simplifies automatic and manual installation.
- Helical knurl offers a higher axial pull-out resistance than straight knurl, but with a lower resistance to torque.
- The helically formed coils of diamond shaped stainless steel or phosphor bronze wire screw into a threaded hole a form a mating internal thread for a screw or stud.
- Incorporates a helical knurl with a 'broaching' form & undercuts to enhance rotational & pull-out performance.
- May also be heat or ultrasonically installed.